New & Featured
- STAY WITH ME by Ayobami AdebayoPublished by Alfred A. Knopf in August 2017website"[A] stunning debut novel...an exceptional storyteller. She writes not just with extraordinary grace but with genuine wisdom about love and loss and the possibility of redemption. She has written a powerfully magnetic and heartbreaking book." —Michiko Kakutani, The New York Times
- THE SUM OF SMALL THINGS by Elizabeth Currid-HalkettPublished by Princeton University Press in 2017“…partly a detailed economic homage to Veblen... also an amusing dissection of nail varnish, pour-over coffee, organic heirloom tomatoes, Lululemon groove pants, breastfeeding and funerals.” —The London Times
- AND THE SPARROW FELL by Robert J. MrazekPublished by Cornell University Press in September 2017“Bob Mrazek has a wonderful feel for mood and character and time and place—all the ingredients that make his And the Sparrow Fell such a compelling novel. It grabbed me from the first page and kept getting deeper and more powerful.” —David Maraniss, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of THEY MARCHED INTO SUNLIGHT
- THE GAMBLER by William C. RempelPublished by HarperCollins in January 2018“The book is gripping and fast-moving, with short chapters and plenty of suspense... the reporting and the level of detail are astounding… a well-rounded, riveting picture of a figure the world does not know very well, but should.” ―THE WASHINGTON POST
- THE HEIRS by Susan RiegerPublished by Crown in May 2017“...original and moving— and a whole lot of fun...With grace and finesse, Rieger swings effortlessly from character to character…the major players are so richly alive, their search for the truth so absorbing, that you might tear some pages in your rush to turn them...Rieger convinces us that knowing the truth— believe it or not— doesn’t necessarily settle everything.” —Caroline Leavitt for The New York Times Book Review
- A MAN FOR ALL MARKETS by Edward O. ThorpPublished by Random House in 2017“An amazing book by a true icon . . . Edward O. Thorp launched revolutions in Vegas and on Wall Street by turning math into magic, and here he weaves his own life lessons into a page-turner as hot as a deck full of aces. Loved it!” —Ben Mezrich, New York Times bestselling author of Bringing Down the House and The Accidental Billionaires
- IMPROV NATION by Sam WassonPublished by Eamon Dolan Books in December 2017"Improv Nation examines one of the most important stories in American popular culture...Wasson may be the first author to explain [improv’s] entire history in comprehensive detail...it’s a valuable book, benefiting from dogged reporting and sweeping arguments."—New York Times Book Review
- ASTOUNDING by Alec Nevala-LeeComing from HarperCollins in October 2018“Science fiction has been awaiting this biography for more than half a century.... This is the most important historical and critical work my field has ever seen. Nevala-Lee's superb scholarship and insight have made the seemingly impossible a radiant and irreplaceable gift.” —Barry N. Malzberg, BEYOND APOLLO
- MADONNA OF THE MOUNTAINS by Elise ValmorbidaComing from Spiegel & Grau in June 2018"Somewhat reminiscent of Albert Moravia's TWO WOMEN, Valmorbida's historial novel, which includes numerous Italian words, many not translated, as well as a deep understanding of the tenets of Catholicism, focuses on Italy between two World Wars. Her powerful epic is a solid choice for readers who appreciate layered family sagas involving betrayals and broken hearts."
—Andrea Tarr, Library Journal
- THE DESERT AND THE SEA by Michael Scott MooreComing from HarperWave in July 2018“Michael Scott Moore delivers an amazing true-life thriller, one of the most suspenseful books written in recent years, that tracks across oceans and underworlds, culminating in a very rewarding, deeply profound end.” —Jeffrey Gettleman, Pulitzer winner and author of Love, Africa
- APPETITE FOR DEFINITION by Ian KingComing from HarperCollins in November 2018An encyclopedic chronicle of the birth, rebirth, and re-rebirth of rock ‘n roll, Appetite for Definition is a groundbreaking work, a sure-to-be essential resource (and a great gift) for all types of rock music fans— newcomers, devotees, or wannabe experts alike.