New & Featured
- STAY WITH ME by Ayobami AdebayoPublished by Alfred A. Knopf in August 2017website"[A] stunning debut novel...an exceptional storyteller. She writes not just with extraordinary grace but with genuine wisdom about love and loss and the possibility of redemption. She has written a powerfully magnetic and heartbreaking book." —Michiko Kakutani, The New York Times
- HONORABLE EXIT by Thurston ClarkeComing from Doubleday in April 2019"Thurston Clarke has a genius for finding episodes in history that deserve reexamination. Just as the U.S. rescued its employees and allies from the embassy roof, this gifted story-teller has found gems of heroism, honor, and suspense in an agonizing chapter of the American story." —Strobe Talbott, former Deputy Secretary of State and distinguished fellow in residence at Brookings
- THE DEVIL AND SHERLOCK HOLMES by David GrannThe reissue of Grann's classic collection“Horrifying, hilarious, and outlandish. . . . These straightforward tales grip you as unrelentingly as the suckered appendages of the giant squid Grann attempts to track down in ‘The Squid Hunter.’” —Entertainment Weekly (Grade: A)
- THIRST by Scott HarrisonPublished by Currency/ Crown in October 2018“Scott Harrison’s Thirst is a hope-filled book about finding your purpose in life and pursuing it against all odds. From the many unbelievable stories Harrison shares from the field to the moments when charity: water’s survival was in question, this book will inspire you to believe that you are more than the obstacles life has put in your path and the world more generous than it often seems.” — Ariana Huffington, founder of HuffPost and Thrive Global
- APPETITE FOR DEFINITION by Ian KingPublished by HarperCollins in November 2018An encyclopedic chronicle of the birth, rebirth, and re-rebirth of rock ‘n roll, Appetite for Definition is a groundbreaking work, a sure-to-be essential resource (and a great gift) for all types of rock music fans— newcomers, devotees, or wannabe experts alike.
- THE DESERT AND THE SEA by Michael Scott MoorePublished by HarperWave in July 2018“When a young man who is good and brave, keenly intelligent and observant, with a lively mind and a learned sense of human and historical complexity, is kidnapped by pirates and kept as a hostage for three years in Somalia’s harsh and violent bush, the result is The Desert and the Sea. However much you wish Michael Scott Moore had never had cause to write it, this book could not be more engrossing, harrowing, suspenseful, wrenchingly humane and illuminating.” —Francisco Goldman, author of Say Her Name and The Interior Circuit: A Mexico City Chronicle
- ASTOUNDING by Alec Nevala-LeePublished by HarperCollins in October 2018 “A big biography of John Campbell, the genius magazine editor who created a mass market for science fiction couldn’t be timelier. Alec Nevala-Lee’s granular portrait of Campbell and the quirky superstars whose careers he launched in the 1940s and 1950s is a gift to science fiction fans everywhere.” — Sylvia Nasar, author of A BEAUTIFUL MIND